Saturday, January 30, 2010

Rig A Laser Sail I'm Thinking Of Moving Down From A Radial To A 4.7 Rig In My Laser Sailing Dinghy, What Do I Need?

I'm thinking of moving down from a radial to a 4.7 rig in my laser sailing dinghy, what do I need? - rig a laser sail

I have a Laser sailboat, and I noticed that the radio is also very powerful, I looked around and thought I had the bottom of the same on all platforms, and change only the tip of the mast, it is difficult to know when the Page sells laser platform, "4.7" with a section below, but not a principle: S HELP

2 comments:

James-30... said...

The platform uses a small mast of 4.7 reduced. So, basically, on the platform of 4.7 relegation is for 4.7 sail and mast of 4.7 percentage point less necessary.

The alternative, if you want to keep reef complete platform that light winds and strong winds to take the bar and give one or two turns around the mast with the sail. This is useful if you have a salt water craft, and not to reduce the number of PY, if the races. This would also be less efficient than a small light, as it provides an opportunity to sail less efficiently.

Hope this helps

chrisjbs... said...

I thought (although performance Sailcraft reaction) is that the standard platform for the radio to change at the top of the mast, while the radial at 4.7 platform has been a change in the lower pole.

Post a Comment